Wednesday, January 9, 2013

US Corn Supply Dropping At Fastest Pace Since 1995

I saw this story in the WSJ earlier today but didn't post it (for various reasons).

Don sent me a similar story from a different source, and I had a chance to read it more closely. See if you notice what I noticed. The article begins:
U.S. corn supplies, the world’s biggest, are dropping at the fastest pace in 17 years as drought damage exceeds government forecasts and five months of declining prices spurs demand from livestock producers.
Inventories on Dec. 1 were 15 percent lower than a year earlier at 8.22 billion bushels (208.8 million metric tons), the smallest post-harvest stockpile since 2003, according to the average of 26 analyst estimates compiled by Bloomberg. 
Go to the linked article and see if you notice what I noticed. It's pretty obvious. It is "what is not said" that caught my attention.

Here's a hint at this link.

Kinda reminds me of the Guatamala article in the New York Times earlier this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment