Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Random Note Comparing COP Bakken Production To An Overseas Prospect

Don sent me a throwaway article on a COP sale of asssets, but it gave me an opportunity to compare COP's Bakken production with this particular COP overseas (Algerian) prospect.

It is now difficult for me to sort out COP and BR now that I've learned that COP bought 50% of Corral Creek (or Bakken in general; I forget the details) from BR (and BR is a wholly-owned subsidiary of COP, but be that as it may).

From my data base at the blog, regarding COP (BR) (I still lump the two):
  • 3Q12 earnings call: 620,000 net acres; 26,000 boepd; ramped up from five to eight rigs; 
  • 626,000 net acres, COP/CEO at Houston conference, May 16, 2012
  • 460,000 net acres (Investopedia, March 29, 2011; Annual Report, 2010)
  • Looking to acquire more, Annual Report, 2010
  • 8 rigs (May, 2012); looking to ramp up to 9 - 10 rigs (same link)
From the Bakken, BR produces about 26,000 boepd (last reporting period)

From the throwaway article linked above:
ConocoPhillips’ 2012 net production from the [Algerian] fields was the equivalent of 11,000 barrels of oil a day.
And I bet it's a lot more grief to manage/drill Algerian oil fields than North Dakota oil fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment