Thursday, July 26, 2012

Apple's New Store in Barcelona, Spain -- And, Yes, Absolutely Nothing To Do With The Bakken

Photos of Apple's new store in Barcelona.

Apple's first retail store was at Tysons Corner, Virginia, in 2001. After more than ten (10) years, I am not aware of any retail technology store that approaches the phenomenal success of the retail Apple stores. The stores are simply incredible.

Microsoft got back into the retail store business in 2009, after an aborted start back in 1999 - 2001, run by Sony. I have not yet been in a Microsoft store, and doubt that I ever will. I noted in an earlier post that Microsoft will soon be opening a store in a downtown mall across the street from Apple's flagship store in Boston.

I have to chuckle. I went to the Apple store a few days before my cross-country trip to buy a charger for one of my Apple products. They were not on display. The Apple employee told me they have them in stock, that they were in back, and if I wanted, they would bring it out for me to purchase. I suggested that I just wanted to see it. The employee said that it was simply a charger, not much to look at. He was correct, but it was an interesting take on the situation. I ended up buying it sight unseen.

Yes, it was not much to look at. Simply a white charger.

3 comments:

  1. Who cares? We come here to read about the Bakken, not this bs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to comment.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I misread your note. I have no idea what you are talking about when you say you came here to read about the Bakken, not the "Bakken Shale" because to me and for most of my readers, the "Bakken" and the "Bakken Shale" are synonymous.

      If you are interested in the Bakken Shale, in a few minutes I will be posting a great story on the OXY USA conference call.

      Hey, speaking of Apple, aren't they the coolest stores anywhere? I will probably visit the Apple store down the coast later today.

      Delete