Thursday, April 12, 2012

Five (5) New Permits -- The Williston Basin, North Dakota, USA

Daily activity report, April 12, 2012 --

Operators: ERF (4), CLR

Fields: Mandaree (Dunn), St Demetrius (Billings)

The four ERF permits will be on the same pad, two Three Forks, and two middle Bakken wells.

Nine (9) wells were released from "tight hole" status; 4 were completed/fracked, including:
  • 20589, 4,815, Whiting, Tarpon Federal 21-4H, McKenzie; s8/11; t10/11; F; cum 155K 2/12;
  • 20770, 1,514, Denbury Onshore, Serrahn 41-6SWH, McKenzie; s10/11; t1/12; F; cum 23K 2/12;
Someone wrote me the other day pointing out that we haven't heard much from Newfield in quite some time. Well, today, we did, but it was not necessarily what one would have expected: Newfield is transferring one of its operated wells to CLR:
  • 21068, conf, CLR/Newfield, Irgens Rexall 156-99-19-18-1H, East Fork, Williams
This will only raise more questions on what Newfield's plans are for the Bakken. Newfield has 7 new permits so far in 2012

Note to the Granddaughters

On a personal note, Irgens Rexall brings back a  lot of memories. The pharmacy was on the west side of  Main Street, and I believe it was just below the Craven-Hagen Clinic, and if not just below, very close by. Craven-Hagen Clinic was on the second floor of a building (probably the "Craven-Hagen Building") on Main Street; Irgens Rexall was on street level.

Fortunately I didn't have many visits to the pharmacy for medications -- despite my severe hay fever, no asthma -- but Mr Irgens also sold top-of-the-line optics, such as Kodak slide projectors. I remember one year, perhaps in my sophomore or junior year in high school I saved up what little money I earned mowing lawns to buy a Kodak slide projector. This was the first item I ever bought in my life that was a) something only "adults" bought; and, b) cost more than $5. I assume it cost $200 or so, but I could be really way, way off. I have no idea but it was clearly a big, big deal for me. I still have that Kodak projector. My mother kept things in perfect condition and all through college, graduate school, 30 years in the Air Force, etc., that projector was on the shelf in one of the coat closets in the house in Williston. I got it out periodically when I came home to look at slides. It's possible the projector moved around with us some years but I don't recall. It still works, and it's still on the shelf in one of the coat closets at "home." It's hard to believe how far technology has come in these fifty years; it's harder to believe that Kodak is a shell of its former self.

Yes, I would have to say Irgens Rexall really impressed me. Subconsciously it may have had something to do with my interest in biology and chemistry and my vocation later on in life.

For me, one cannot say "Irgens" without saying "Rexall" just as lewisandclark is one word, as is adamandeve.

I might write more on this later, but enough for now. My granddaughters are pulling me in several directions: one is working on "word wizard" and needs help; the other is coloring horses and needs advice on what colors would look best.

No comments:

Post a Comment