Friday, November 11, 2011

For Investors Only -- Buyout Targets in the Bakken

Link here.

Three companies to consider: Oasis, SM, and QEP.

I followed QEP for awhile, then got sidetracked; Oasis is my favorite of the three although I currently hold no Oasis shares and have no plans to purchase any shares any time soon. SM has also intrigued me since starting this blog but I have never bought shares in St Mary or SM.

If one is interested in a specific company in the Bakken, of these three, I would go with Oasis. It is a pure play Bakken operator and seems to have its act together. It also plans to be here for a long, long time. I recently posted photos of their new complex west of Williston, much bigger than the BEXP complex farther west of Williston. With 300,000 net acres, it has about a 1/3 of what CLR has, and one could venture to say that comparing location of its acreage, Oasis might have a nicer portfolio. I've never looked at the two portfolios (CLR and OAS) in depth; it's just a gut feeling. CLR has a $12 billion market cap and 900,000 net acres; OAS has a $3 billion market cap and 300,000 acres. Idle chatter, rambling; if interested, do a bit of research.

With regard to investing, see disclaimer linked at sidebar at the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment