Six new permits:
- Operator: Whiting
- Fields: Glass Bluff (Mckenzie); Corinth (Williams)
- Comments: Whiting has 4 new permits in Corinth oil field (not what most folks would consider core Bakken); and two new permits in Glass Bluff. Whiting has the 35,000th oil and gas permit issued by North Dakota. Permit #35000: Lassey 44-33H, SESW 34-152-103, Glass Bluff. There were Bakken wells before 16000 (the first 16000 series Bakken well was #16011, Hess, H. Juma 1-9H, Baskin oil field), but one can say the first two Bakken wells that started it all were:
- 16164, EOG, Parshall 1-36H, t6/6; cum 228K 4/18;
- 16324, EOG, Parshall 2-36H, t9/6; cum 376K 4/18;
- MRO: a Bears Arm, a Wilkinson, a Deserly, a Dutton, and a Fannie (all USA) wells in Mountrail County.