Friday, August 18, 2017

The Market And Energy Page, Part 5, T+210 -- August 18, 2017

Foot Locker: getting hammered, down 25% in early trading. One word: Amazon.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on anything you read here or think you may have read here.

Re-balancing. For me, re-balancing means getting back to 22 days of gasoline supply; it peaked at 34 days. It appears we have hit a new record "low" for number of days of US gasoline supply since the Saudi Surge began and then the OPEC cut (wink, wink).

It's possible I missed something, but it appears the most recent data shows that US days of supply of crude oil excluding the SPR is now down to 26.7 days. We have to go all the way back to October, 2015, to see 26.7 days or lower.

There doesn't seem to be much difference between 34 days and 22 days but the former is almost 5 weeks, whereas the latter is barely three weeks.

Cooking School

Middle granddaughter (on the left) and friend. Pastry school all week; two different pastry chefs and two students. Pretty good ratio. I've been enjoying great desserts all week.  Sur La Table, Southlake, TX.

Her dad makes sure that the granddaughters are "booked" for something each week during the summer. Both granddaughters were enrolled in rock climbing last week. The week before that, the National Junior Olympics water polo in southern California (Huntington Beach, CA). Earlier in the summer, the older granddaughter attended two weeks of Spanish Camp in Minnesota while the middle granddaughter was at soccer camp. One week of computer coding camp before that. Last year, the summer included two weeks of sailing lessons, but no time this year for sailing. Oh, yes, scuba diving instruction last summer, also, which I almost forgot. Busy, busy summers.

I'm hoping to get the older granddaughter working in the Bakken oil fields next summer. LOL.

Sophia, the 3-year-old? TutorTime all day long and then swimming every afternoon/evening with me. Well, almost every afternoon/evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment