Sunday, August 21, 2016

Idle Rambling On A Sunday Night -- Nothing About The Bakken -- August 21, 2016

I don't think I could possibly be in a better mood. Listening to "Telstar" at an earlier post is all it took.

At the moment, I could listen to it a million times, not only because it's a cool instrumental, but because it connects me to when "America was great."

And, of course, America is still great. But old fogies (is that a word?) like me have a gazillion nerve cells in our temporal lobe linked directly to the 60s, without question, the best decade for music ever. With or without the Beatles.

[Yeah, "fogies" is a word. What a great language. What a great country.]

So, what am I looking forward to this week?

More stories on the "death spiral" we call ObamaCare. Did anyone see the story on the EpiPen? In my thirty years in medicine, I never saw an EpiPen used by a layperson. The military is probably the biggest customer for the EpiPen. Someone is going to get rich.

More volatility on the price of oil. Doesn't bother me a bit. By 2020 (hindsight), oil is going to be well above where it is now. For investors, it's an open book test.

The Ukraine situation. Not "The Ukraine" but "the situation." Ukraine is now, simply, "Ukraine." No "the."

The USC-LA Times poll is very, very interesting. And it comes out daily. Means squat. It's all about the five swing states.

The Fed. Let them raise rates a quarter percent just before the election. LOL. These articles that the goals that the Fed set has been met are "ludicrous," as MuskMelon would say. The US at full employment. I agree. But we've been at full employment for the past year or so. It just depends what the definition of "full employment" is. Inflation rate at 2%. Okay. Whatever the Fed says. If it's on the internet, it must be true.

Click "Telstar" again.

Caster Semenya. Everyone knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment