Sunday, December 15, 2013

Last Bit Of Blogging Before I Hit The Road -- New England Barely Escapes Power Outage During Global Warming Storm; Electricity Rose To $1,000/MW At Peak Demand

Note: I start driving to Los Angeles today; one last leisurely moment at Starbucks, and then west. I will stop to post updates periodically, but my posts will be short and I won't be able to thank folks as much as would like. I just have to keep moving. I also won't respond to much e-mail. But I always take the stories and eventually link them. Some non-Bakken stories get linked deep in the blog for future reference; so if you send me something and you don't see it, don't despair, it was probably linked/posted deep in the bowels of the blog. 

Forbes is reporting:
New England’s electric power grid dodged a bullet on Saturday, but at a steep price.
A winter storm across much of New England triggered a surge in electric power demand that severely tested the grid’s reliability and sent power prices into the stratosphere.
On late Saturday afternoon, New England’s electric demand rose at a rate of more 20 MW per minute for over an hour.
In 2012, the average price for one megawatt hour of electricity in New England’s real-time power market was $36.
On Saturday, the price was more than $1,000 at peak demand.
The warmists predicted the melting Arctic would cause colder weather and more snow, particularly in the northern hemisphere. I cannot make this stuff up. 

Regular readers know this story well; it was foretold/foreshadowed/predicted. It will be interesting to see part 2 of the series being posted by RBN Energy. Hopefully that comes out this week.

********************************

Another story on the resurgence on rail in the US. A big "thank you" to the reader for sending the story my way.

********************************
Ignore the story. Look at the background in the photo at the link. This is metropolitan/urban Los Angeles -- look at all those high-voltage transmission lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment