Monday, October 28, 2013

For Investors Only

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment decisions based on anything you read here or think you may have read here. I include "for investors only" for archival purposes and to put the Bakken in perspective, as well as to learn more about the Bakken and where the activity is headed, as noted in my "welcome/disclaimer." I have no formal training and limited experience in investing as folks can readily surmise by reading this blog. I can tell you that gasoline is very expensive in Williston, North Dakota, approaching $3.70/gallon for the cheap stuff, while just  a few miles down the road, one can find the same grade of gasoline for $2.99 at Watford City. At least that's what I think the sign said. Here in Belfield, on the date this was posted, I am looking at a Cenex Superpumpers sign that says gasoline is selling for as low as $3.34 gallon. 

Had I been in an all-electric Volt Tesla (see first note below) today I would have been in trouble. I would have reached Watford City, but I did not see any charging stations there.


I see, today, that 26 companies announced they are increasing their dividends/distributions, including Summit Midstream Partners, SandRidge Permian Trust, Panhandle Oil, Martin Midstream Partners, Magellan Midstream, among others.

This doesn't sound good: LDK Solar enters new forbearance arrangement with noteholders: Co announces that it has entered into a new 30-day forbearance arrangement with holders of a majority in aggregate principal amount of its US$-Settled 10% Senior Notes due 2014. The new forbearance arrangement, which expires on November 26, 2013, relates to the interest payment due under the Notes on August 28, 2013. That interest payment is still unpaid. It is LDK Solar's intention to find a consensual solution to its obligations under the Notes as soon as possible and LDK Solar remains hopeful that it will be able to achieve that goal.

This doesn't sound good either:
Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.
These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years.
Enough for now. Apple reports earnings today after the market close. I should be in South Dakota by then. 

2 comments:

  1. Uh, Remember, Bruce. The Volt has the gasoline option too. Should'a picked on the Tesla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. I keep forgetting; I get all the various EVs, hybrids confused. Thank you for catching that error.

      Sorry for the delay in posting. I'm traveling and this is the first wi-fi stop I've had all day.

      Delete