Monday, April 1, 2013

19 Degrees In Minneapolis Tonight -- It's Springtime in Minnesota

This is what happens when you try to slow down global warming way too fast. Nineteen degrees tonight in Minneapolis -- that's thirteen degrees below freezing. And this is April. Spring. Right now it's 21 degrees with a wind chill of 9 degrees. Brrrrr!!

I would not have noticed -- nor cared -- but Don reminded me that tonight was the Minneapolis Twins opener at Target Field, this afternoon, when it will be warmer:
Fans who are going to the game will definitely need to bundle up. Game time temperatures are expected to be in the low to middle 30s, and with the wind it will feel like it’s in the 20s.
“I know in colder weather states like Minnesota everybody’s ready to get out and watch some baseball outdoors but it’s still a little chilly for my liking,” said Twins player Chris Parmelee.
This would be a good game to simply start at the top of the 8th inning, and call it a game. A tie at the bottom of the 9th? Flip a coin. I can guarantee you this game will have no bearing on the World Series, about a year from now.

*******************
And, y'all knew I was going to post this, didn't you?

When It's Springtime in Alaska, Johnny Horton
I can see Russia out my backdoor -- Bartlett's Familiar Quotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment