Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gun Issue

Regardless of where one stands on this issue, the guest does raise three good questions or makes three good comments to which the interviewer was unable to answer, except to ask why your neighbor shouldn't be allowed to have nuclear weapons:
a) if the police need automatic weapons to protect themselves, why shouldn't an average rational, thinking citizen, think the same; and,

b) the whole concept of projection: "I don't want my neighbor to have a gun, because he might go crazy." So, if I give you my gun, I should be worried that you are going to shoot me?

c) And, of course, the law to ban methamphetamine worked real well. 
You Mean My Doctor Carries a Gun?West Virginia Decision Makers

One of the best comments at the linked YouTube site: In today's society, I don't understand why anyone should think they need a fire extinguisher. We've got firefighters that are there to protect us.  How many more schools have to be vandalized with "assault" fire extinguishers before we come to our senses?!

No comments:

Post a Comment