Sunday, September 20, 2026

Busiest Grocery Store Sunday Afternoon After Church And After Texas Brisket -- HEB -- Doorstep To Doorstep -- Halftime Break -- Philadelphia Eagles At Tennessee Titans -- Sunday, September 20, 2026

Locator: 51773HEB.

Page views: we'll hit 110 million by tomorrow.  

Surfing through multiple sites in the past 24 hours, the three most influential men alive today: President Donald Trump, Jensen Huang, and Elon Musk.

HEB: Seriously doorstep-to-doorstep -- twenty minutes -- in and out, full cart. Shoulder-to-shoulder in HEB and felt absolutely great. Okay, a little exaggeration. I guess I missed much of the third quarter. But still it felt a lot less than 20 minutes. Macht nichts. 17 - 17 end of third quarter. HEB? Texas' iconic grocery store. 

Sports / family ties: 

  • Dallas Cowboys Partnership: In August 2026, H-E-B announced a massive, multi-year marketing deal making them the "Exclusive Grocery and Pharmacy Partner of the Dallas Cowboys," which includes sponsoring massive fan tailgates at AT&T Stadium. However, the team itself remains fully owned by Jerry Jones.
  • San Antonio Spurs Stake: The family has a diversified investment portfolio that includes a minority ownership stake in the San Antonio Spurs NBA team, which Charles Butt initially acquired back in 2002. 

NASCAR: no race today; this weekend's race was under the lights last night (Saturday). This is the last Sunday with no NASCAR racing this season. But the video from last night should keep most fans happy today: link here.

******************************
Investing

Link here. NVDA, AAPL, MSFT, AMZN, GOOGL. Among the top ten: AVGO, GOOG, META, MU and, #10 ..... TSLA. I would assume every investor reading this post, holds significant positions in at least six of these (counting GOOGL and GOOG as the same holdings). 
 

Top ten holdings in Vanguard's largest equity, twenty years ago (circa late 2006):

  • ExxonMobil Corp. (Energy)
  • General Electric Co. (Industrial / Conglomerate)
  • Microsoft Corp. (Technology)
  • Citigroup Inc. (Financials)
  • Bank of America Corp. (Financials)
  • Procter & Gamble Co. (Consumer Staples)
  • Johnson & Johnson (Healthcare)
  • AT&T Inc. (Telecom)IBM Corp. (Technology)
  • JPMorgan Chase & Co. (Financials)

**************************
Plans Today

I haven't been in a Starbucks this past year (?). I get to take Sophia and her friend to Starbucks where they plan to spend the afternoon before walking home. I may just join them, hang out there for awhile, read, chat with Gemini, blog, whatever. It's likely I will miss the end of the Eagles - Titans game. That's fine.

*****************************
A Musical Interlude

Best Song Ever? Depends on the genre, setting, etc. But all things being equal ... 

Rod Stewart: "I Don't Want To Talk About It." Different versions over the decades. I'll try to find the one that move affects me. For now, link here. 

I think most of us have been there one time or another. 

Background: American guitarist Danny Whitten. It was first recorded by American rock band Crazy Horse and issued as the final track on side one of their 1971 eponymous album. It was Whitten's signature tune, but gained more fame via its numerous cover versions, especially that by xxxxx. Cash Box magazine has described it as "a magnificent ballad outing." 

On another note (no pun intended), this link: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2026/09/sunday-morning-coming-down-252.php.  

**************************
The Book Page

Two goals today. Chapter 10 in The Transcendentalists, Robert A. Gross, c. 2021, and at least one more chapter from Stephen Witt's biography of Jensen Huang. Link here to find my discussion with Gemini regarding this incredibly good "biography" of the transcendentalists."