Locator: 51374SARAH.
The blog appears to be less than two hours away from 83 million pageviews. The blog is garnering about one million new pageviews every two to three days. The blog is not monetized. It does not meet the host's guidelines. Even if it did meet the host's guidelines, I would not monetize it.
Note: I am not aware of any blog that would reply to a single reader like this. One may want to google or ask a chatbot "what is the best blog on the Bakken?" I don't know whether chatbots "track" blogs. At one time I was told by ChatGPT, I think, that it did not track blogs. That could have changed. I do not know.
Streaming: I still maintain that subscribing to Hulu-Netflix-Amazon Prime is the best streaming combo for me.
Now, back to a sidebar discussion regarding the Bakken:
In a sidebar discussion with a reader the following.
A reader asked why the "Sarah wells" in eastern Richland County, Montana were spaced at 1459 acres.
My reply:
John (not the reader's real name), that's really a great, insightful question.
This I believe is the answer. I assume Montana does things the way North Dakota does.
Deeds and spacing units are based on sections and parts of sections in any particular township.
A section is 640 acres. If the drilling unit is, let's say, all of section 8 and all of section 17, that would be a standard drilling / spacing unit (1280 acres).
Gradually spacing units are getting bigger (three sections = 1920 acres becoming very common, and now even overlapping units with four sections = 2560 acres).
If you look at the Montana oil map (GIS) (this is the URL: https://bogapps.dnrc.mt.gov/dataminer/MontanaMap.aspx) and then keep zooming in until you see the wells distinctly you will see that the well pad and the singleton Sarah well were drilled in Section 5 of whatever township that is.
The lateral of the four Sarah well "you have" and the Delores well "you don't have" are all on the same pad, but it appears the Sarah wells were spaced for sections 5, 8 and 17 (whereas the Dolores well was was spaced in completely different sections (to the east) as was the singleton Sarah well (spaced to the east and that you don't get royalties from that well).
So, "your Sarah wells" are spaced for sections 5,8, and 17. Normally that would be a three-section unit or 1920 acres. But look at the map.
Townships have 36 sections, each 640 acres, but if the township is not big enough to accommodate that much acreage, the state will need to get 36 sections but then make the last row (either the top row, sections 1 - 6, or the bottom row, sections 31 - 36) much smaller, to get all 36 sections. By the way, if the township is slightly larger than 36 acres, the additional acreage will be recorded as "lots" in enough sections to account for the difference.
In this case, the township was too small and they made sections 1 - 6 much smaller.
1920 (three sections) would have been expected.
1920 - 1459.36 (let's call it 1460) = 460 acres, about 3/4th of a full section.
The map suggests section 5 is smaller than that (smaller than 460 acres) but regardless, I think the spacing was by section and adding up acreage in sections 5, 8 and 17 was 1459 acres, not quite the 1920 acres that one would expect in a 3-section unit.
************
Delores was not spaced to include section 17 and the parent well, Sarah 1 to the east of the pad, the singleton, was also not spaced to included section 17. It was pure "serendipity" that the four Sarah wells were spaced to include section 17, and that was the only section in which you have minerals in this spacing unit, according to your notes, if I understand them correctly.
That would be my explanation until I learn differently.