Pages

▼

Thursday, July 13, 2023

India-Apple -- July 13, 2023

Locator: 45115AAPL.

After the Bakken, my favorite "story" is Apple.

The big story this year with regard to Apple: India.

I can't keep up with everything re: Apple and I don't understand India at all and of all the things I don't understand I am incredibly intrigued by India but for now, for me, India is simply overwhelming and I won't be posting many stories about India or about India-Apple. It's just too overwhelming for me, and ...

... I was going to say something else, about investing ... but we'll let it go.

Back to Apple-India, or is it India-Apple?

This is huge. 

Link here.

More: 

Users will be able to ask queries to ‌Siri‌ by mixing English and Hindi, starting with select Indic languages. Users can mix English with Telegu, Punjabi, Kannada, or Marathi.

India-based users often speak a mix of languages in daily conversations, so the ability to mix English with Hindi when querying ‌Siri‌ will be broadly welcomed.

  • transliteration support on iOS for Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam. With this expansion, Apple now supports 10 indic languages. 
  • users can sign into Apple ID using their phone number instead of an email ID on ‌iOS 17‌, ‌iPadOS 17‌, and ‌macOS Sonoma‌. 
  • a new built-in Punjabi dictionary to get definition of words and phrases across platforms. 
  • users will be able to see up to 2,000 calls in the call history section including Facetime and WhatsApp calls. 
  • filtering messages by known and unknown senders on iPad.