Saturday, June 12, 2021

Absolutely, Positively Worth A Stand-Alone Post -- Nothing To Do With The Bakken -- June 12, 2021

Link here.

Apple's flagship Tower Theatre Store opening in Los Angeles on June 24, 2021.

I don't have a bucket list -- I've talked about that before -- but if I did, this would be on that list. And near the top of that list.


**************************
Going Clear 

This is really, really cool. See first comment. 

Yesterday, there was an article by Michael Andronico, "I ditched my PC for the new iMac -- here are the pros and cons."

I’m constantly testing all kinds of laptops and desktops, but none of them have been able to replace my custom Windows gaming PC as my main machine for work and play. 
Between my computer’s powerful specs, my versatile dual-monitor setup and my comfort level with Windows 10, it’s been hard to make the switch to anything else — until the 24-inch iMac landed on my desk. 
I’ve been using Apple’s new desktop almost exclusively ever since I got it in for review, and barring a few exceptions, I’m not in a huge rush to go back to my PC
Between its superb display, excellent webcam and the everyday benefits of macOS I’d been missing out on as an iPhone user, the latest iMac (starting at $1,233; expercom.com and amazon.com) comes dangerously close to being the only desktop computer I need

Wow, wow, wow. If that is not the best example of a reporter "going clear," I don't what would be. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a Scientology Ultimate Org. Going clear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had to "figuratively" step back from the photo to see the theater: the stage; the box seats; etc. But there certainly is an element of the "church" there.

      Delete
  2. i thought it looked like a Cathedral to Steve Jobs. don

    ReplyDelete