Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Notes From All Over -- The "Missing Jack Ma" Edition -- January 5, 2021

Updates

January 8, 2021: China puts unusual and severe censorship directive regarding any stories on Jack Ma. Being reported over at Twitter. We'll see if CNBC reports this. I"m not holding my breath. BABA, which has had a good week, is up again today in pre-market trading.

Original Post

Biggest story of the day: CNBC talking head says "Jack Ma" is not "missing." Just lying low. Okay.

Second biggest story of the day: Amazon buys eleven aircraft to expand air cargo fleet. Half of that headline seems redundant. Either Amazon buys eleven aircraft or Amazon expands air fleet, but not both. But I digress. What great timing. Fire sale. First of all, I'm sure everyone is just thinking about all the aircraft the airlines don't need due to Covid-19-reduced flying. But there's even more. The airlines finally have access to the new Boeing 737 Max and are now "dumping" their aging a/c. Wow, perfect timing for Amazon. This simply blows me away. A huge "thank you" to the reader who alerted me to this. I follow Amazon here

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. 

Note: I do not invest in Amazon directly. I assume I invest in Amazon indirectly through my IRAs, mutual funds, etc. I honestly don't know. I post updates on Amazon simply because I am fascinated by the company. Absolutely fascinated. But not from an investment point of view. I do link it through my "Investors" page at one of the tabs above simply because I needed a way to get to it quickly. 

So, again: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here. It's possible I have done some readers a disservice with my inappropriate exuberance and biased reporting regarding the Bakken. But my inappropriate exuberance and biased reporting on the Bakken is simply because the Bakken fascinates me so much and it gave me an opportunity to better understand the shale revolution. I originally planned to do all this on a "private" word document but then discovered how perfect html would be. I could have kept the blog private but I thought if I posted it publicly readers might provide additional insight, background. I was right; they have. Thank you very much.

The "Investors" tab was the page I visited least over the years, but with the Biden presidency I am going to need something else to keep my mind off this debacle and that's why I'm putting more emphasis on this page. It may be the only page that keeps my spirits up. LOL. 

By the way: why was my reporting on the Bakken generally only "good news" stories? Because there were plenty of other sites that wrote negative stories about the Bakken and the oil companies. And so we move on.

TCM: featuring "Norma Shearer." Wow. Who knew?

Hollywood absolutely fascinates me. It must truly be a weird, weird place in which to grow up. So many stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment