A fair number of stories suggesting some good economic news:
- Copper surged to new two-year high.
- Home sales surging. At 14-year high.
- Morgan Stanley raises EPS guidance for equities in 2021.
- Equity markets hit all-time highs before dropping back.
- Migration from NYC, San Francisco continues. And, here.
- NFL ratings way down.
- Natural gas surging in popularity (except perhaps in San Francisco).
- Gasoline demand seems to have leveled out.
- OPEC basket pricing a train wreck.
- Now that election is over, not much being written about re: BLM.
Top story of the week:
- At least two vaccines suggesting 95% efficacy. Moderna is one. Pfizer is the other one.
- Sempra's new LNG export terminal on west coast of Baja California.
- Tiger Woods shots a ten on a par-3 hold; sports media pretty much ignores it.
Top international non-energy story:
- Aramco's strong stock is a mirage. Old, old story but finally The WSJ is printing it.
- Saudi Arabia to offer US-dollar-denominated bonds.
Top international energy story:
Top national non-energy story:
- The new Apple chip, the new Apple computers.
- Millions of college students return home this weekend; won't return to school. None, except athletes, will return.
- AirBNB to go public.
Top national energy story:
Top North Dakota non-energy story:
Geoff Simon's North Dakota top energy stories:
- September oil output tops 1.2 million bopd; production has maxed out; expect decline from here on out;
- Drone demo kicks off beyond-visual-line-of-sight (BVLOS) network for drone technology in the nation;
- Davis Refinery / Meridian Energy Group: stalled by pandemic; link here;
- Gulf of Mexico sees largest decrease in oil production since 2008;
- overall, very depressing list of headlines compared to headlines over the past several years;
- BR continues strong pace. Twenty wells in one 2560-acre unit.
- CLR close behind: six new permits.
- Hess: section line wells -- leaving no bbl of oil behind.
- Hess: remarkable operator in the Bakken in 2020.
- Huge jump in production -- EOG short lateral; helped by Enerplus.
- Twenty-four permits renewed.
- Hess reports a huge Sorenson well.
- XTO Fettig well with nice jump in production.
- WPX reports nice Wolverine wells.