Reminder: Elon Musk moving CyberTruck factory to Austin, TX. Will move Tesla HQ to Texas; site not announced.
Apple is adding a 192-room hotel to the campus that it is developing in Austin, Texas, according to revised construction plans shared by Culturemap.
Fast and Furious
Headlines. Generally no links. If this is important to you, googling will certainly find the stories.
Biden and pipelines:
- Biden would stop the Keystone XL Pipeline for good, his campaign has revealed: the top story over at Rigzone "today."
- Exxon buys offshore Suriname stake from Petronas.
- Cameron's train 3 starts producing LNG; Hackberry, LA. Link here. See also the list of potential US LNG export facilities at this post. Data points:
initial award: 2014
- the project includes three liquefaction trains
- a projected export of 12 million tonnes per annum of LNG, or 1.7 billion cubic feet per day
- owned by affiliates of Sempra, Total, Mitsui, Mitsubishi, and Nippon
- McDermott: lead on project
- Victoria's Secret to permanently close 250 US, Canadian stores; Bath And Body, 50 stores;
- push to delay "April 15" tax day from current July 15to the October 15th; President Trump open to suggestion (I've long advocated simply dispensing with any more tax collections this fiscal year);
- Target's profit sinks 64% as costs soar amid pandemic (the article did not adequately "explain" "costs";
- Judge dismisses high-tax states' lawsuit against Trump tax deduction limits (SALT)
- Trump campaign and RNC have record fundraising April (some numbers rounded):
- brought in $62 million in the month of April
- total raised to date: $742 million
- this represents almost $300 million more than the Obama re-election effort had at this same point
- campaign 2020, Trump campaign has:
- over one million volunteers trained and activated; and,
- has added over 300,00 new volunteers cince moving to a virtual platform
- Supreme Court (temporarily) blocks US House efforts to get Mueller grand-jury info released