This is linked at the top of the sidebar at the right during earnings season. After earnings -- pretty much after Whiting and Apple posts their earning, this post will move back into obscurity.
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.
Earnings -- 4Q19
This is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or what you think you may have read here. If this is important to you, go to the source. There will be content and typographical errors on this page. If something looks wrong, it probably is.
Earnings season begins: off to the races and right out of the gate -- BAX --
- 4Q19 net sales increased 7% on a reported basis and 9% on an operational basis
- shares: spike -- up 3.81%; up $3.29; trading at $89.16
Adjusted EPS came in at 39 cents vs 37 cents forecast. Net income fell to $333 million of 24 cents/share, from $538 million, or 39 cents/share in the same period a year ago. Revenue rose to $8.32 billion from $8.18 billion, beating a forecast of $8.16 billion. Free cash flow was $1.5 billion for the quarter and $2.7 billion for the year. From a year ago, 4Q18: SLB: beat/meet; stock surges; 36 cents vs 36 cents forecast; revenues of $8.18 billion vs expectations of $8.06 billion.CSX: revenues drop 8% year-over-year; due to loss of coal shipments; shares dropped 2.5% on the news; guidance not good.
- BK: beats estimates, but barely; $1.01 vs 99 cents; layoffs continue; will spend huge amount on tech in new year; shares plunge 8%;
- Morgan Stanley: $1.30/share on $10.9 billion in revenue; topping analyst expectations of $1.02/share on $9.8 billion.
- JP Morgan earnings crushed analysts' estimates; best year ever in the history of any bank, ever; profit rose 21% to $8.52 billion or $2.57/share; forecast, $2.35/share; revenue of $29.2 billion vs estimate of $27.94 billion;
- Citi: $1.90/share vs $1.84 forecast; revenue, $18.378 billion vs forecast of $17.855 billion;
- Wells Fargo: per-share earnings of 60 cents missed the $1.12 expected by analysts; earnings totaled $2.87 billion vs $6.06 billion a year earlier;
Alcoa: misses by a mile.
- forecast: an adjusted loss of 21 cents/share; sales of $2.5 billion
- actual: an adjust loss of 31 cents/share; sales of $2.4 billion