Thursday, December 31, 2020

From A Reader -- Why I Love Texas -- December 31, 2020

That about says it all. 

Happy New Year y'all. 

*****************************************
The Movie Page

Last night, I watched two classic Hitchcock movies and a third of the same genre, all back to back. Absolutely outstanding. I had seen all three in bits and pieces over the years but do not recall ever having watched them from start to finish. 

I remember, the first time I saw some early scenes in Cape Fear. I was unable to "handle" the terror -- Robert Mitchum -- wow -- and so I quit watching early in the film. But last night I was ready for it and watched the movie in its entirety.

I had never noticed all the "bird" stuff in Psycho which foreshadowed The Birds

Birds in Psycho? See this review. Roger Ebert's review is here

The Birds: I'm glad I finally watched the entire movie, but have no desire to ever see it again. I could watch Psycho again. Cape Fear? Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment