Wednesday, November 25, 2020

An Enlightened Country -- Scotland -- November 25, 2020

This may be one of the most under-reported stories this month. The big question is, "why did it take so long?"

Interestingly enough, the country that gave us western law and the Kirke, gave us this.

From USA Today: Scotland becomes world's first country to make sanitary pads for women free.  

One of the best books I ever read, and one that remains on my top shelf:


**************************************
TCM Lineup -- Thanksgiving Day

Awesome lineup.

During the day, several movies for older children, though younger children will also enjoy them, as will most adults. 

Evening: two great classics, The Rear Window, and The Man Who Knew Too Much

And elsewhere, I assume there will be social justice, equality, and a BLM-sponsored pro ballgame between a 2 - 7 team and a 1- 8 team.

 **************************************
Cornish Hen

If I am dining alone on Thanksgiving, my preferred dish: Cornish hen. 

Because I will be dining with Corky, Sophia, and Sophia's family tomorrow, I  had my Thanksgiving-dinner-for-one tonight. And wow, it turned out nicely. Mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, and Cornish hen. Next year I will add the sides. LOL.

Preparation: ten minutes, at most.

  • Cornish hen baked on a bed of rosemary and thyme; always trussed;
  • first time, tonight, I added a slice of thick-cut, high-quality bacon -- just one slice -- on the bed of rosemary/thyme;
  • brushed with oil; rub of Weber's "Kickin' Chicken," small amount of pepper; smaller amount of salt;
  • basted with butter during cooking
  • one Cornish hen: 60 minutes uncovered; an additional 15 minutes covered; at 350°F

Note: if you like crispy skin, and I do, so I will do this differently next time, don't baste with butter

Before: 

After:

No comments:

Post a Comment