Thursday, September 17, 2020

Winner: Cisco -- Loser: Apple -- September 17, 2020

In the big scheme of things, I have no idea how Apple completely missed this one. 

There are four big names in easily accessible, readily available, commercial teleconferencing and social relations:

  • Zoom Video Communications
  • Cisco Webex
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Apple Facebook

This, today, from the PGA US Open on NBC, a Microsoft partner, says it all:

And, nationwide, it's my understanding that public schools are using Cisco Webex for distance learning. That's the platform that Sophia is using, and it's simply incredible.

*******************************
The Jobless Report

I'm not watching CNBC for the next week or so, so I'm not getting any spin. 

When I went to pick up Sophia tonight, I've haven't seen such heavy traffic in a long, long time. 

That reminded me: what was the jobless report today? Other than the screen shot below I haven't looked at anything else. But it certainly looks like things are getting better really, really fast.

In addition, the governor of Texas announced today really, really relaxed restrictions beginning next week for Texas. 

So, for the archives:

********************************
The US Open

Tiger Woods is playing just the way I expected. Except for one thing. I didn't expect this until late Friday, and if he made the cut, not until late Saturday. 

No more sports tonight for me, except re-runs of the US Open. I have no interest in BLM, NBA, or NHL. Too much politics.

*******************************
Distance Learning For The Archives


I think the video is self-explanatory. If not, I'll come back and sort it out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment