Sunday, September 6, 2020

Coming Later Today: Another Update On Saudi Arabia's Foreign Exchange Reserves -- September 6, 2020

But first, a pop quiz.

Saudi Arabia imports "everything" it needs except maybe oil and gasoline. And even that's a "maybe." 

I would assume that imports are paid from their foreign exchange reserves, although I do believe the prince manages a PIF that pretty much matches the value of the country's foreign exchange reserves, though don't quote me on that. I haven't checked on the PIF in a long, long time and most recent data is probably dated anyway. 

But I digress.

Pop quiz: quick! How many months of imports can Saudi Arabia pay for from their foreign exchange reserves? I'm not sure I'm saying that correctly but you get the idea. 

The answer at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment