Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Why I Love To Blog -- Reason #76 -- Fast And Furious -- August 26, 2020

See this note from earlier today.

At that site, be sure to see the first comment and my reply.

It truly does not matter to me the specifics of this oil / natural gas discovery. What impresses me is the entrepreneurial fortitude and human spirit. With all that is going on in the oil sector these days, I find it simply amazing we still see stories like this. Good for them.

******************************
Rich Men

Elon Musk: said to be the fourth-richest person in the world.
Jeff Bezos: world's first-ever $200-billion man.

********************************
Disclaimer

This is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

*****************************
Apple / AAPL

Is Apple headed for $3 trillion market cap? Motley Fool.
Apple confirms acquisition of AR startup Spaces. Axios.
AAPL will hit $600. Barron's. Actually it will hit $125 before it hits $600. LOL.

************************************
UNP

Finally hit a new 52-week intra-day high.

  • P/E: 24
  • pays 2%

 
*************************************
Market Close


*************************************
Jim Cramer

I was blown away by the companies Jim Cramer featured today. The market is bifurcating faster than anyone could imagine. Maybe more on this later.

***********************************
Hurricanes

Hurricane Harvey exactly three years ago was one of the worst hurricanes I can recall in my short personal history with hurricanes. It is very, very clear that Hurricane Laura is going to be much worse than Hurricane Harvey, if that's possible. 

From an energy perspective, I think this may have a much bigger impact than currently being reported.  

Based on what I'm seeing / hearing, my hunch is there will be a real gasoline shortage by this time next week. If I'm wrong, it will be because I don't know where the refineries are specifically located. 

Weather forecasters are suggesting Hurricane Rita will be the hurricane Laura will be compared to for Cameron, Lake Charles, and Port Arthur. High astronomical tides and the hurricane push will probably mean tomorrow morning, 0500 - 0900, will be the max surge.

No comments:

Post a Comment