Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Blog May Look A Bit Different Going Forward -- August 2, 2020

"Blogger" app has made some major changes regarding the app. It's going to make my life a bit more difficult. I'm not sure why "they" made the change. 

Two things. 

First, it will take awhile for me to get used to this, which in the near term will result in slower blogging. That's a personal problem. Readers probably won't notice. 

Second, readers may note some format changes. If you note format changes, I am not responsible -- it is a result of the way the "blogger" is doing things. 

Two positive things about the changes: a) there should be fewer spelling errors, the blogger now auto-corrects; and, b) the "blogger" folks are trying to make the "blogger app" more compatible with mobile devices. If so, maybe it will work better on my iPad. 

Again, hopefully, the only thing readers might note, is a very, very subtle change in format.

 Lonesome Friends of Science, John Prine 

2 comments:

  1. whatever changed for you has yet to change for me...i still have a "try the new blogger" button at the bottom of my dashboard...

    re: "I'm not sure why "they" made the change."
    they're paying programmers big bucks to come up with improvements, so they make the change to justify the expenditure...& for that reason alone, just about everything that was good about the internet ten years ago has been screwed up since...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree completely. Overall, once you get used to it, it might be marginally better, but just marginally. Overall, I still prefer the old "blogger" app -- I'll see what I have to say in a month.

      Delete