Saturday, August 29, 2020

Absolutely Predictable -- I Knew It Was Bound To Happen -- Flattening "Seasonal Peaks" -- August 29, 2020

Parents working from home and their student-children attending school from home, can "go anywhere/be anywhere" and still show up for "work" and "school." 

Already, I'm hearing parents planning cross-country trips to Florida or California -- two- or three-week vacations -- but still attending school and going to work.

Apple will sell a lot of mobile devices; RV manufacturers might do well; broad-band operators will be selling more bandwidth; gasoline / diesel is inexpensive; and it goes on and on. 

Seasonal peaks for Disneyland and other theme parks could flatten out. You heard it here first.

What a great country.

*********************************
Hope Springs Eternal

I'm watching a lot of golf, and then NASCAR later tonight, and I'm noticing a lot fewer masks being worn. And many folks -- even those national politicos advocating masks -- are seen wearing them around their necks, and / or only over their mouths.  

The Daytona stands -- a pretty good showing. Not much social distancing in the big scheme of things. Is anyone wearing a mask in the stands? I don't think so. But the drivers are. What's more dangerous: driving 200 mph in an-ethanol-fueled car or the virus? Speaks volumes about rational thinking.

Wow, so much to watch -- and I don't even have Netflix, Roku, Disney+, HBO, or the Playboy Channel. LOL. Does the latter even exist any more?  And if things really get bad, somewhere, on some station, 24/7, they are always airing The Bourne Ultimatum, or a Mark Wahlberg action movie. I like the Mark Wahlberg action movies way more than Tom Cruise movies. It's a close call between Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon. Mark Wahlberg action movies are probably the best; occasionally I enjoy a (small) bit of Harrison Ford and Sean Connery in the Indiana Jones series. Can watch some of these action shows over and over. 

What amazes me, I can never find a David Lynch movie on Spectrum cable. My hunch: David Lynch has a tight, tight contract / licensing fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment