Wednesday, July 15, 2020

From Supply Glut To Energy Shock -- James Puplava -- May 18, 2020 -- Posted July 15, 2020

Some folks may enjoy this article. I particularly enjoyed the analysis of Saudi Arabia's reserves.

Link here.

Having said that, two comments:
  • I've been reading articles like this for two decades now; and, 
  • whenever I see graphics of rig counts, my eyes glaze over
Of all the things that affect oil production, from geo-political, logistics, demand, improvement in technology, completion strategies, etc., etc., the number of rig counts is near the bottom of that list. 

It is amazing that after fifty years or more, Saudi's reserves and production remain(s) more than adequate to meet increases in oil demand. There is nothing to suggest that will change in my investing lifetime which I now estimate to be less than another twenty years. After that? Sophia takes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment