Saturday, June 6, 2020

Reminder: Open Wheel Racing But So Much More -- June 6. 2020

All of a sudden -- way too much.

ABC: a special with much focus on my hero -- Phil Jackson, "The Last Dance." I had not seen this before. What little I've seen so far: superb. It helps me put "white privilege" and "black lives matter" into perspective. And America, the greatest country the world has ever seen. From Variety
“The Last Dance” chronicled the outstanding basketball career of Jordan and his six NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls. After the final two episodes aired on Sunday, the show became the most-watched documentary on ESPN ever. [Time is everything: not much to compete with this sports documentary during the lock down when there is "no" live sports being televised. Some exceptions.]
NBC: open-wheel racing from Texas Motor Speedway, just a few miles down the road from where I call home. I actually attended an open-wheel race at TMS -- was it a year ago? Last year or the year before. I prefer watching it on television. It's a very, very, very hot day here -- they say it's 120-degrees inside the race cars; 90+ degrees, ambient.

TCM: "Lawrence of Arabia." On my top ten movie list, although I've said it's one of a handful of movies on that list I really cannot watch often. I can watch it on TCM in bits and pieces.

I need three big screen television sets.

And then there's the blog.

And maybe even a little reading. 

****************************
Later

1. The race is over; a great race.

2. "Lawrence of Arabia": intermission.

3. "The Last Dance": I was impressed. The entire series would be too much for me to watch. A very clever production.

*****************************
And Still Later

Considered to be the best editing cut ... ever:


The filming of "Lawrence of Arabia" took so long, that at least two of the lead actors were able to complete other movies while still filming LOE.

No comments:

Post a Comment