Friday, June 12, 2020

NRFPT -- June 8, 2020

Wow, again I'm in a great mood, but things are moving too quickly to keep up.

NRFPT: Regular readers might have noticed a new "acronym" on the blog: NRFPT. I'm going to try this out for a while, see if it works. Every days, it seems, there's some data I want to get posted as fast as possible, but if I waited until the post was complete it might take days to post.
If I have something I want to post, and even if it does not meet the high standards of the blog, I may post it anyway but note that it's not ready for prime time (NRFPT). My plan is to eventually get back to the post and "complete" it -- I may or may not get around to it, but at the least the data I want posted is posted. NRFPT also means there may be more typographical and/or content errors than usual.

So, we'll see.
DVDs: I see that two of my favorite films are now part of the Criterion Collection; maybe they have been part of the Criterion Collection for years but I only noticed them today: Mulholland Drive, Director's Cut, and The Grand Budapest Hotel. The former is available at our local Barnes and Noble store, full price, somewhat expensive, and I can't find it on Amazon -- strange. It's probably there, I just  haven't found it yet. The latter, The Grand Budapest Hotel, is available through Amazon. Not sure yet if I will buy one, both, or neither. Later: I did end up buying the Mulholland Drive DVD.

Memo to self: blog ranking. How many websites are there on the Web? Upwards of two billion and rising by about 1,500 every twenty-four hours.

DuckDuckGo: some analyst over at Barron's suggests Apple should "buy" DuckDuckGo as a search engine instead of relying on Google. Wow. Wrong on so many levels. The analyst obviously doesn't "understand" Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment