Sunday, June 7, 2020

Notes From All Over -- Early Evening Edition -- June 7, 2020

Futures: late Friday night or early Saturday morning, I forget which, I posted that I felt a bit uneasy after all the giddiness of the 1000-point surge in the Dow on Friday, along with AAPL hitting an all-time high. It simply didn't feel "good" to me. I said to myself, "we'll see what Monday brings."
Well, futures are posted. Futures, of course, don't mean squat but they are what they are. And right now all three major indices are in the green, and not by just a little. Dow futures right now are up 186 points. CNBC actually shows Dow futures up over 200 points.
Crude oil prices: moving. Not yet making sense. WTI goes over $40.00 Sunday night, June 7, 2020. Based on fundamentals? Generally is, unlike much of the equity markets. But if so, are traders seeing a supply problem, or a jump in demand? Perhaps both. 

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site.  Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

Minneapolis police: someone sent me a note suggesting a number of Minneapolis police have quit or taken early retirement. That appears accurate. Google it.

Minneapolis city council: votes to dismantle police department. -- Twitter. No police department? Who's going to administer driver's license testing? Who's going to transport prisoners to court appearances? Who's going to respond to traffic accidents? Mayhem. If the police really aren't needed, what have "we" been doing all these years? I wonder who the police unions will support this autumn.


NYC: will de-fund police department.

Mitt Romney: marches with protesters.

More stimulus: three (?) US senators, including at least two former presidential candidates, Kamala Harris and Bernie Sanders, have introduced a bill to provide upwards of $120,000 / year to each American family; it would come in the form of $10,000 cash every month. I can't make this stuff up. Reported by CNBC

NASCAR: I wasn't really in the mood to watch NASCAR today. I did turn the television on, and I did watch the first stage. And then they interviewed one of the drivers, Daniel Suarez, and asked him about the rioting and looting. He said, in a fairly long-winded "speech," that he unequivocally supported the rioters and looters and said something had to be done to "stop" the police. That was it for me. I was done with NASCAR for the day. I turn to sports to get my mind off politics, other current events.

Ponzu sauce: both our daughter here in Grapevine, TX, and our other daughter in Portland, OR, said they were unable to find Ponzu sauce. No problem: Amazon. A few clicks. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment