Saturday, May 9, 2020

Texas Is Open! -- May 9, 2020

To my astonishment and pleasant surprise, the city has re-opened Grapevine's "Central Park" -- Parr Park. Incredible. Miles of bike trails: cement and "off-road."

Something new appeared during the "shelter-in-place" order: a Parr Park rock path. It was truly incredible. If there were a hundred painted rocks, there were a thousand. Here is a sampling:







Okay, maybe not a thousand, but certainly a hundred.

It turns out that a dad took this on as a project to keep his children busy during the lock down. Sophia and I have our paints and our rocks; we just have not had the time to complete our own rocks. Stay tuned.

************************************
The Amazon Page

I am completely blown away by Amazon -- how the company turned on a dime with what must have been an overwhelming demand in the early days of the "lock down" with the shortage of toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and disinfectants.

Literally overnight, Bezos et al had to re-think their same-day delivery promise to their Prime members.

The other day I ordered face masks in case Sophia and I needed them to get into a store (I have not yet worn a mask and have no plans to do so unless I have no choice; I won't go to Costco until they remove the "mask" requirement, for example). I was surprised how fast they got here -- look how Amazon mailed them -- "extremely urgent."


But the rocks I ordered for painting -- it's been a month and they still haven't shipped. LOL.

 I'm not complaining, and I bet very few Prime members are complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment