Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Idle Rambling As I Get Back Into Blogging -- Absolutely Nothing About The Bakken -- May 5, 2020

It's 10:28 p.m. CT, north Texas, May 5, 2020.

I'm listening to Alexa's mix of .... I'm blocking on his name ... Milsap ... that's it, Randy ... no, Ronnie Milsap.

This was the first song, put me in a mellow mood:

I Wouldn't Have Missed It For The World, Ronnie Milsap

A gazillion things happened today -- unrelated to the blog, unrelated to energy, unrelated to investing ---
  • took Sophia to TutorTime; gifts for teachers;
  • leisurely breakfast on patio;
  • two hours at the local Lego bricks and mini-figures store (10:30 to 12:30); they just re-opened; 
  • back home; Greek lunch with lamb;
  • sorted through Lego haul; getting ready to pick up Sophia;
  • bicycling;
  • read: Wisdom of the Birds
  • grocery shopping; French baguette for dinner tonight;
  • scanned (literally scanned) the daily mail;
  • picked up Sophia from Tutor Time; after-school snack; then to her friend's house;
  • to seafood restaurant to pick up two pounds of crawfish ordered earlier in the day;
  • dinner on patio with daughter/son-in-law; three granddaughters;
  • corn-on-the-cob; crawfish, fresh French baguette; for dinner
  • soap bubbles with Sophia; 
  • book reading with Sophia: Richard Scarry and Eric Carle;  
  • outside to look at the stars and constellations with Sophia using the iPhone constellation app;
  • throw away the crawfish shells;
Literally not enough time in the day to do everything I wanted to do.

Incredibly beautiful evening. A few biting insects but citronella candles and DEET spray took care of that. 

And then home about 9:30 p.m.

A Woman's Love, Ronnie Milsap & Willie Nelson

Spanish guitar?

And then home about 9:30.

First thing I do is check my e-mail. I haven't been on the computer since this morning except to post the daily activity report around 5:00 p.m. I check the comments to the blog first: I'm always worried I've made a huge mistake in something I posted. 

Then the news. I quickly run through the headlines over at Fox News. We've talked about their format before: a banner story and four stories below the fold. The fourth story (or the fifth, if one includes the banner story) is always fluff; I never read it.

Two stories in the past eight hours jumped out at me.

Think about this.

Two major operators in the Permian said they would likely re-start operations if WTI gets back to $30. Think about that. Oil companies are not in the business to lose money. We might come back to this.

The other story: California is now borrowing money from the federal government to pay for unemployment benefits. Think about that.

The RBG story jumped out at me -- 87 years old; hospitalized. But as soon as I saw the reason for the hospitalization, I moved on. It's a non-story until it becomes a story. Because she's RBG it's a headline story; if it involved anyone else it would have been click bait. As it was, it was sort of click bait. Not sure how to classify it. It had to be reported but until it becomes a story, it's a non-story.

On April 20, 2020, I posted that I thought we were reaching a "tipping point." That was fifteen days ago, or thereabouts. I might have been a week early.

I see the COVID-19 task force has been disbanded. I still think the entire COVID-19 task force was badly mishandled. I tuned out sometime during the first week. I assume the daily sitcom was canceled due to plummeting Nielsen ratings.

And so it goes. Into the still of the night I go.

Lost In The Fifties Tonight, Ronnie Milsap

No comments:

Post a Comment