Thursday, February 20, 2020

Note To Readers -- February 20, 2020

I am exhausted tonight, and I assume that will be the norm for the next several weeks.

My wife is in Portland, OR, and I'm the Uber-granddaughter driver (three granddaughters), their cook, and whatever else is required, and by the time I get home, I'm pretty exhausted. From 3:00 p.m. to around 10:00 p.m. I am with the granddaughters: water polo; soccer; skating; etc.

There is so much happening, but I won't get to these stories until morning. I may not see comments until each morning.

But, wow, I'm in a great mood.

This is why I'm so exhausted tonight:


Our oldest granddaughter's school had a skating party tonight. Sophia really wanted to go. But she needed help, of course. But, wow, what a trooper. The skating party was from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sophia skated the full two hours, and I had to hold her "walker" the entire time. I'm not kidding. Two hours of skating, hunched over. And Sophia loved it.

The video clip was taken by the high school granddaughter -- I wish it had been longer, but I'm happy we got what we got.

Sophia and I rented our skates, of course (some students had their own skates). When I went up to the counter to get may skates, all I could see on the shelves were four-wheel skates. The young man asked, "skates or blades?"

Having spent my formative years in Los Angeles, I thought he was asking with which high school gang I was associated, think: "Crips or Bloods?" He repeated, "skates or blades," and then I remembered "roller blades." LOL.

I used to roller blade along the Venice (Los Angeles, CA) many decades ago but had not roller bladed in such a long time, I completely forgot all about them.

Cruisin' (Sunset Sam), Michael Nesmith

I was the only adult on the skating rink. Sophia was one of two non-high school students.

Brand New Key, Melanie

By the end of the night, Sophia was doing quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment