Monday, January 6, 2020

The Good Life -- Nothing About The Bakken -- January 6, 2020

TCM tonight: "The Maltese Falcon," 1941. [Same ensemble, one year later, "Casablanca."]

Nabisco Premium Saltines, jalapeno cheese, and Shiner Smokehouse "Original Pit Smoked Summer Sausage."

I had a lot of summer sausage while growing up in Williston; it must have been inexpensive those days because I know my mom did not have much money to spend on groceries. I have been unable to find a really good summer sausage --- until now. This was a Christmas gift from family, and it's the best summer sausage I have ever had. It's the same consistency/flavor of the summer sausage I grew up with but it also has that smoked flavor. It's really, really good.

Over the years, we've bought any number of "higher-priced" crackers for cheese, meat, etc. I generally do not care for any of them ... except Nabisco Premium Saltines. Difficult to improve on the original. Tuna fish spread (homemade) with dill pickles, olives, and jalapenos on saltines is incredible.

A pretty simple life. 


Sophia is back in town after being gone for two weeks. Sophia says she is so happy not to be sleeping in a hotel/motel tonight.

Goodnight, being carried up to bed by her oldest sister, Arianna:


****************************
Back to Business

Futures mean squat, but, wow! Right now, futures look really, really interesting. All major indices could set new all-time highs; WTI is down.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a relaxing evening... I am familiar with Shiner beer, are they also now in the sausage business?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. It just so happens that Shiner summer sausage is made in Shiner, TX. I'll have to check into it. Shiner Bock is my go-to beer when I'm having beer in Texas, but that's rare these days (not Shiner beer, but me ordering beer) -- too many calories to have to run off. LOL.

      Delete