Friday, January 31, 2020

Notes From All Over, Part 6 -- Politics -- Nothing About The Bakken -- January 31, 2020

If the impeachment of President Trump has done nothing else for the American public, it has taught the American public how Washington, DC, works, to include:
  • the Deep State; and, 
  • the Swamp.
And with that I'm away from the keyboard for awhile. Maybe more on this later.

From Power Line:
  • “What do the Super Bowl and the Democratic presidential field have in common? No Patriots!”
Also from Power Line:
  • UPDATE: As expected, the Senate voted against calling witnesses, 51-49. Legislation has been introduced in Utah to permit recall of a sitting senator. 
Power Line is always good. The stories posted January 31, 2020, regarding the impeachment trial were particularly good.

I still think of this as the most painful part of the impeachment trial: Chief Justice Roberts reduced to reading questions submitted on 4 x 6 index cards. Sophia, age 5.5 years old, is beginning to read. She could have done almost as well. But the top jurist of the land reading (often) inane questions submitted on 4 x 6 cards. This reminds me of my days as a physician resident in training doing rectal exams at 3:00 in the morning -- and thinking this is the culmination of twelve years of public school; four years of college; four years of medical school; and two years as a post-doc. What is that? Twenty-two years of educations. Twenty-three if one includes kindergarten at First Lutheran Church, Williston, ND. [I wrote that on January 31, 2020; the next day I saw the picture below on Power Line. Power Line obviously had the same thoughts I did. LOL.]



One can really see the difference between US House representatives and US senators. I think that's what bothers me most: guys like Schumer calling people like Murkowski as entirely wrong on this whole thing. Schumer comes off looking like a petty politician. Which he is. I doubt I can ever really warm up to Murkowski but at least she seems to "grow into" the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment