An explosion and fire ripped through fuel storage tanks at a facility in Crockett Tuesday, sending flames and black smoke billowing into the skies and forcing the closure of a stretch of Interstate 80.
The incident began around 2 p.m. at a storage tank farm at NuStar Energy facility nestled in the hills above the 90 block of San Pablo Ave. The fire ignited the vegetation on a hillside bordering the storage tanks.Based on the video footage and the fact that the fire department is going to let this one "burn out" on its own suggests this will be relatively "contained." Lots of smoke, but perhaps not a lot of impact.
This one tweet seems to say it all -- Patricia squeezed in a lot of data in 280 characters. LOL.
My attempt to figure it out:
- mogas: gasoline
- USWC: United States West Coast
- ARA: Saudi Arabia
- USCS: United States Customs Service
- Vio La Benecia: Valero refinery; shut down for pollution issues;
- Chv El Secundo: I assume this is Chevron El Segundo, Bay Area; Chevron; often in the news, and not always in a "good" way
- Martinez: a number of refineries in the Martinez area, as far as I know; many issues over the years; Andeavor; "Shell name"; Marathon; [see first comment below: Two refineries in Martinez. Downtown has Shell. To the east across I-680 is the old Tesoro, renamed Andeavor on its way to purchase by Marathon??] [Summer, 2019: PBF acquires Martinez; Shell no longer has any refinery operations in California; link here.]
- "early re-starts": Valero may "re-start" in mid-May?
- Two refineries in Martinez. Downtown has Shell. To the east across I-680 is the old Tesoro, renamed Andeavor on its way to purchase by Marathon??
From A Parallel Universe
As someone noted, this is from a parallel universe. I had not seen this until tonight: Olivia Newton John, Andy Gibb, and ABBA on ABC. Who wudda thought?