Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Notes From All Over, Part 2 -- December 18, 2019

Fox Business News: I took the advice of a reader to forego CNBC on television and switch over to Fox Business News. I have watched FBN instead of CNBC for the past two days and I'm sold. FBN is so much snappier, and much more eclectic. And unlike CNBC, FBN seems to have no relationship with The New York Times. What a breath of fresh air. I've also bookmarked FBN on the internet and it's so much better than CNBC.

Hydrogen: I don't know if CNBC has the hydrogen-powered semi-truck business story but I saw it on FBN. This should really be a wake-up call for Tesla.

Hulu: prices rise $10 today, making it the costliest streaming service out there.

Huge: Mega Millions ticket worth $373 million (before taxes) was sold in Mentor, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland. The winner let the machine choose the number.

Ouch: the Mormons will yank 400,000 kids out of struggling "Boy" Scouts.

Weatherford: emerges from Chapter 11.

Quick: name the Secretary of Energy. I cannnot. 

4 comments:

  1. Where are the tickers? It's the only bad thing about their site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what you are referring to. The market / quote search is located at the sidebar at the right at the Fox Business News internet site.

      Delete
  2. How would i find crude price in that search?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wouldn't use that site. Best site for finding price of oil: oilprice.com. At least 200 'oils" tracked; real-time prices.

      Delete