Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Firefox Sends -- November 13, 2019

This is not new but today was the first time I tried using it and it's awesome.

I often have large files to send to family members. Neither Yahoo!Mail nor Google Mail can handle the large files except by a cumbersome process.

Just out of curiosity, I tried Firefox Send this morning. Wow, best thing since sliced bread. I'm sure others have found ways to send their large files just as easily but it's hard to beat Firefox Send.

Several features:
  • one doesn't need a separate app like Dropbox
  • one can set the number of times an attachment can be downloaded (at the other end)
  • one can set a password for each document
  • the recipient does not need any special software or any other application
  • can be sent to any e-mail address
Interestingly, my new MacBook Air with the factory-installed software makes it very, very cumbersome to download Firefox. It's not that big a deal, but it's interesting how Apple works so hard to keep their users in their eco-niche which makes sense to me, but is certainly aggravating. I generally use my older MacBook Air which works "flawlessly."

No comments:

Post a Comment