Sunday, October 6, 2019

Wow -- A Rainy, Wet September For The Bakken -- October 6, 2019

Before we get to the map below, the link to "this week in pictures, the Powerline edition.

Now the map. 

This map has been posted for educational reasons.

Link here.

It seems when I was growing up in Williston, I was taught that western North Dakota averaged 9 - 11 inches of rain (precipitation?) every year -- that would have come from "North Dakota history" taught by Mr Hovland (?) -- I'm blocking on the name but I do believe he was very, very tall, very dark hair, and last name started with an "H."

In the graphic below -- sent to me by a reader -- note that the "core" of the Bakken received in  excess of ten inches of rain in the harvest month of September.


We will see production numbers affected when the September, 2019, data is released in November, 2019.  The oil companies will do fine; the farmers will have a tough, tough time this autum in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment