Monday, October 14, 2019

Off To The Farm And To The Market We Go -- October 14, 2019

When I am not cave-man grilling, I enjoy slow-cooking (inside).

Learning as I go along.

Generally, beef of some sort -- flank, chuck roast, t-bone (particularly good, of course).

Today, I'm trying pork sirloin roast. Wow, sirloin.

To the market we go.

I don't know if you can see this: a pork roast originally priced at $2.99/pound has its price marked down by 50% -- coming near its expiration date, I suppose. So, for $3.14 (that's the total price), I have a 2.10 pound pork sirloin roast, slow cooking.


At the pumpkin patch last week; this will be the last year Sophia can ride the children's tractors (LOL):


********************************************
Next

Beef directly from the ranch.

DFW grass-fed beef.

Link here.  The Hudspeth farm, about an hour north of us, but it's near Forestburg, TX,  just north and west of Denton, TX, where our oldest granddaughter often has water polo tournaments, so next time we're in the area ...

No comments:

Post a Comment