Thursday, October 3, 2019

Cutting The Cord; Absolutely Nothing About The Bakken -- October 3, 2019

I mentioned the other day that I "cut the cord." That's an evolving story. The problem is that my wife still enjoys a few cable networks.

But I haven't watched television in a couple of weeks now. I quit watching NFL games and I quit watching NASCAR, for reasons I discussed earlier.

I was just going to sign off for the night and watch a Perry Mason episode on Amazon Prime.com and this pops up:


I had no idea. So, here we go. An NFL game for free, streaming on Amazon Prime.com. Absolutely amazing. The annual NFL Game Pass is $99.99. I'm getting NFL with my Amazon Prime.com subscription. No additional cost. And my television remains off.

Too bad I'm not watching the NFL any more. LOL.

Okay. On to Perry Mason.

(Okay, I cheated. I checked in on the NFL game on Amazon Prime.com just to see if is was the "real thing." OMG. It is. It is the Fox Network. And the clarity -- amazing. I cannot believe it. I never knew.) And I can watch it no matter where I am. I don't need to be home. Amazing. I can watch it at Starbucks. Anywhere there is wi-fi. Which is pretty much everywhere.

From Variety

This is exactly how I feel:


And now this. I mentioned I added a third telephone line through Sprint the other day. I didn't pay attention to all the "stuff" I got with that additional third line but my daughter read all the paperwork and says I got "free Hulu." I did not know that. Apparently "Hulu with commercials." Amazing. I cut the cord and I end up having more access to "stuff" than I ever had before.

Now, for real entertainment (sorry; I've posted this one many times):

Cry To Me, Rocco and Claudia
 "Rocco" -- reminds me. I once met "Rocco", a Hollywood personality, while a medical student at USC, on a pediatric unit at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Some great photos of the hospital at this link. Wow, what an incredible life. Alex Rocco? There are times I want to live forever. Rarely, I'm ready to call it a life. Check out. And then I get to pick up Sophia. LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Sprint? Stroll on down to the T-Mobile folk's store. They have a 50% deal for veterans. I'm good for four lines (unlimited everything) and NetFlix; cost? A glorious $120/month. (Plus two apple watches...., it never stops.)
    Only reason to use T-Mobile (other than the above)is their coverage around the world.
    Actually could add a fifth line for $10....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.I appreciate that. I appreciate that very, very much. Just tells me how competitive this sector has become.

      This site supports your view -- US coverage better for T-Mobile than for Sprint: https://www.moneysavingpro.com/carriers/sprint-vs-t-mobile/.

      Delete