Sunday, September 15, 2019

Random Update Regarding Top Stories For 2019

I've spent much of the day updating older wells. I was blown away by the production numbers that are being reported.

Every year I come up with the year's top stories, usually posting the list as soon after January first as I can.

I have that list "in draft" now. I wanted to add something to the list in one of the categories below after seeing new production numbers:
Most exciting small non-operator in the Bakken

Most exciting micro operator in the Bakken

Most exciting small operator in the Bakken

Most exciting medium operator in the Bakken

Most exciting large operator in the Bakken:
For three of the five categories, I have penciled in my choice; obviously those choices could change by the end of the year.

After looking at the Fort Berthold wells, I knew that Bruin needed to be considered for "most exciting small operator in the Bakken." I was amazed. I had already penciled in Bruin for that title.

For "most exciting large operator in the Bakken," that's going to be very, very tough. I think the edge still goes to MRO, but Hess' recent production numbers make that company worth considering; and, CLR's 60-well Long Creek Unit is certainly exciting.

Top stories here.

Top stories for 2018.

2 comments:

  1. Personal bias noted, Slawson has to fit in there somewhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Slawson is penciled in. I believe in the "medium operator" category. I have likely candidates in each category (except one category) already penciled in but I did not want to post them -- I did not want to "show my hand" too early.

      I know roughnecks are standing on the edge of their rotary platforms waiting for the annual list to come out and I didn't want to take that bit of excitement out of their lives. LOL.

      But, yes, Slawson has always been at the top of my list among operators in the Bakken.

      Delete