Thursday, September 26, 2019

Notes From All Over, Part 1 -- September 26, 2019

US GDP, 2Q19: final reading (?) -- 2%. Link here. Forecast: more of the same. That's probably why the market went from fairly robust green at the opening to a fairly bright scarlet in early morning trading. Also, the "impeachment" talk doesn't help.

Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, career, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

Three words: another buying opportunity. A stock picker's market.

**********************************
Kennedy Klan Salivating -- 
Looking Forward To Another Incredible Ski Season

Yes, Virginia, the Kennedy grandchildren will see snow. And lots of it. 

Montana Rockies: forecast -- as much as four feet of snow. 


**************************
Notes To The Granddaughters

One of my dad's closest friends.

Lived across the street and on the opposite corner from us all the years I was growing up in Williston.

His son followed me to University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, a few years after I graduated from the school.

Great family.

Dr Strinden, old school, salt of the earth.

He eventually moved out to a nicer, but still modest home, along the Little Muddy River northeast of downtown Williston. Had I remained in Williston that would have been one of my dream locations. 

One of a small group of Willistonite non-ranchers who loved to get together as often as possible to ride horses. I can't remember all the names, but I do recall Norm Furuseth and Leon Olson as being part of this group.

Died about 18 months after my own father died. Both were members of the greatest generation, and both left the world, North Dakota, and Williston better than they found it.


My dad was 96 years old when he died. I assume both Dr Strinden and my dad grew up on Wonder Bread and butter, steak and potatoes, fried chicken, ice cream. And all in moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment