Sunday, August 11, 2019

Notes From All Over, Part 1 -- August 11, 2019

Wow, I'm in a great mood. After ten years or so of using the same remote control, we now have a new one. The old one was starting to act up. It worked but certain "keys" were becoming less responsive -- some days worse than others. About ten days ago, from Amazon, I ordered a new "universal remote control" with the word SPECTRUM emblazoned across the bottom. Since we have Spectrum (Time Warner), I figured it would work. There were half a dozen (or more) remote control gadgets available from which to choose. I figured: at $6.99 how could I go wrong? LOL.

The remote control arrived about two weeks ago. I did not open the package. The "old" remote control was sort of okay, and I did not want to be disappointed if the new gadget didn't work.

Finally, today, I put in the two double A batteries (the Japanese/Chinese included a pair) and tried it out.

It didn't work.

I pulled out the directions.

It now works.

And, wow, it's fast, smooth, responsive. Awesome.

Flipping back and forth:
  • TCM, "The Big Sleep"
  • PGA, boring
  • NASCAR, just getting started
What a great country. I assume if I called Spectrum/Time Warner for a new remote control, it would have taken a half hour to get through the "telephone menu" and find someone who could help me, and then the gadget would cost $25 or rented ad nauseum at $2.50/month for years.

Oh, why not?


Debt watch: Chase zeroes out all credit card debt for all Canadian accounts. No questions asked. Google it if you want to find the story. No link; story everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment