Wednesday, June 19, 2019

There Won't Be Any More -- Nothing About The Bakken -- YouTube Fugue -- June 19, 2019

Okay, not quite true.

I said "nothing about the Bakken" in the subject line. But here's a Bakken note.

The XTO Bobcat Federal wells are tracked here. They are still SI/NC (DUCs) but some older wells in the immediate area that were taken off line are now coming back on line suggesting that perhaps the Bobcat Federal wells have been fracked. There is nothing at FracFocus yet. But it gave me a chance to look at this well:
  • 34355, SI/NC, XTO, Bobcat Federal 14X-35E2, 33-025-03404, Bear Creek. This is a Three Forks, second bench well, extended reach (3-section);
From the file report:
  • depths:
    • upper Bakken shale penetrated at 10,996' TVD  (shale seam: 16' thick)
    • middle Bakken penetrated at  11,012' TVD (middle Bakken dolomite: 37' thick)
    • lower Bakken shale penetrated at 11,049' TVD  (shale seam: 19' thick) 
    • Three Forks, first bench, penetrated at 11,068' TVD (dolomite: 39' thick)
    • Three Forks, second bench, penetrated at 11,107' TVD 
  • description:
    • the uppermost section of the second bench is composed of brown shale, tan to light brown shaly dolomite and slighly pink dolomite, which is often referred to as the "Chocolate Shale" 
    • below the "Chocolate Shale / Dolomite" making up the upper third of the second bench, the target zone is composed of light gray-brown to pink, to very light brown dolomite interbedded with multicolored dark gray to blue-gray, to rare green-gry argillaceous dolomite
  • porosity / geology:
    • the best porosity and associated oil staining was observed in a 4' dolomite in the upper half of the target zone approx 2' to 6' high of target center
    • structure maps predicted the formation would stay flat
  • results:
    • the resultant target exposure was approx 80% within the target zone
    • the target up-dip was 0.03 degrees, with formation rising 7' over roughly 15,618' MD
  • total depth: 26,945 feet
  • gas units:
    • highest gas show: 1,190 units
    • average gas: 175 units
    • the lower amounts in gas readings is likely the result of tight porosity and distance from the Bakken source, resulting in gas taking long to infiltrate into the open wellbore
  • drilling:
    • spud date: March 11, 2018
    • re-entry date: May 27, 2018
    • TD: June 13, 2018
***************************************
The Concert Page

I can count on one hand the number of "big-name" concerts I've attended. The golden age of concerts, at least for me, was in the 1960s and 1970's: Liberace (Vegas); Charlie Rich (southern California); Bob Dylan (San Antonio) -- that was about it. The price of tickets has definitely spoiled the opportunity. Live entertainment -- from Hamilton to Garth Brooks is now for the elite.

I remember going to the Greek Theater, Griffith Park, Los Angeles, on perhaps more than one occasion, but I don't remember the "act."

The best concerts were at the Hostfest in Minot: Charlie Pride; Myron Floren; Williams & Ree; the Ringling 5; Willie Nelson; others I've long forgotten. All "free."

I've seen more musicals in London than concerts in the US. A huge shout-out to the US Air Force for sending us to Europe for thirteen continuous years; four of those years were near London. Then later I returned to northern England for multiple deployments over several years. I never did see The Rocky Horror Picture Show. But I digress.

I was reminded of these things early this morning (see YouTube Fugue): After midnight I start with a random song on YouTube.com which leads me to another and then another. Later, sometimes hours later, I end up somewhere not knowing how I got there. Often I am in a fugue state. I am sure I am not alone.

This morning, shortly after midnight, up popped Charlie Rich:

There Won't Be Any More, Charlie Rich

****************************
On Another Note

I used to enjoy YouTube more but the constant interruption of ads destroys the "mood," for lack of a better word. It breaks the non-drug induced fugue state.

Now, it's Alexa. I love Alexa. Truly amazing. Free, except for the initial $25 outlay or whatever is now for the donut-sized / donut-shaped Echo. For $8 / month, literally every song available.

No comments:

Post a Comment