Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Why I Love To Blog -- Reason #3,548 -- May 8, 2019

Had I not blogged I would not have heard from many folks who have thoughts and opinions on the Bakken and some of the other topics on which I occasionally write.

I'm pretty sure I never would have heard of Victor Davis Hanson. I certainly never would have heard of a "carver's cabin."

Hold that thought (re: Victor Davis Hanson).

US Secretary of State is a busy person. He cut short a meeting in Germany to show up in Iraq earlier this week and later this week, he will be in Beverly Hills, California, to receive the Claremont Institute Statesmanship Award. Victor Davis Hanson will be master of ceremonies.
 

By the way, it's my understanding that social media, such as Facebook, has banned the Claremont Institute from their sites. I could be wrong on that but I thought I read that somewhere.

I had not even heard of the Claremont Institute until I went to Barnes and Noble looking for a book review periodical to replace the New York Times Review and The London Review which have become Hillary mouthpieces, much like The New Yorker

2 comments:

  1. I first picked upon on Victor Davis Hanson from his online courses at Hillsdale College. His Wikipedia biography is enlightening...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find him very interesting but like most pundits can only follow him every so often.

      Delete