Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Sixteen Reasons -- May 1, 2019

Past posts:
Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions based on what you read here or think you may have read here.

Disclaimer: I am inappropriately bullish about the US economy.

Disclaimer: I am inappropriately bullish about the Bakken.

Pre-market trading:
  • WTI: $63.58
  • S&P 500: +9.25 points
  • BA: trading range; down $1.36 yesterday; in pre-market, up $1.46 today;
  • UNP: closed at $177 yesterday; no trading yet today;
  • SRE: closed up $2.15 yesterday; no trading yet today;
  • D: up $1.70 yesterday; no trading yet today;
  • AAPL: down $4.00 before the close yesterday; pre-market up $11.43 or 5.7% this morning
  • XLNX: up $3.06 yesterday; no trading yet today
  • EW: up $1.74 yesterday; no trading yet today
  • TSLA: down slightly this morning in pre-market trading; in new trading range, around $240
  • APC: topped out at $73?
  • CVX: up $2.34 yesterday; no trading yet today
  • OXY: struggling; investors not insure they like having Buffett for a partner? down 2% yesterday and barely holding on early today.
Goldfinger, Shirley Bassey

2 comments:

  1. Bruce, what's your primary way of exploring through music catalogues? You link to youtube, I've heard YouTube Red is worth it for access to ad free music. I've used Spotify for a few years and quite enjoy the various music selections they make for you as they gather a sense of your taste. They also sometimes promote explorer lists that deliberately make playlists of music that you don't usually listen to so you don't silo yourself too hard. Great time to be alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's one of my weaknesses: I am very "siloed." Good, bad, or indifferent, that's the way it is.

      I've not tried Spotify or Apple music.

      I really, really enjoy the ease and diversity (?) of Alexa.

      I think I divide my music listening into three buckets:

      1) when blogging, something will jog my memory and I will post a song at that time; sometimes it's obvious; sometimes not. My playlist on the blog is very, very limited and repetitive.

      2) between the hours of 7:00 p.m and 11:00 p.m. if listening to music, it's almost always Alexa.

      3) after midnight, on weekends, I talk about "YouTube Fugue." I will go to YouTube and simply surf from spot to spot, trying to break down the "silo," and after two to three hours, I often find myself far from where I started, with regard to genre. [http://youtubefugue.blogspot.com.]

      But, in the big scheme of things, I'm probably in a musical rut.

      Hunter S. Thompson said "music" was "fuel" for him; that's the same wiht me. If I'm waning, putting on the headphones, and playing the music quite loud(ly), I get my energy back.

      Delete