Tuesday, May 28, 2019

For The Archives: Polls Regarding Recession, 2019 -- May 28, 2019

Polls at the sidebar at the right were put there to assess readers' thoughts on likelihood of recession this year. The polls were posted a week or so ago.

Today, this from CNBC: Morgan Stanley says economy is on ‘recession watch’ as bond market flashes warning.

And, of course, we have the Fed chairman who feels no cut in interest rates is warranted.

And so it goes.

******************************
A Lot Of Water Under The Bridge

Casablanca

At one time I watched this movie once a week or thereabouts, but I haven't watched it in quite some time. But tonight -- it's a long, long story -- I was trying to find that movie with the great line, " ... a lot of water under the bridge ... " Wow, YouTube, search, etc ... and there it was.

The "relationship" between Bogart's character and Bergman's character is such that this scene is so incredible. I have watched this movie a hundred times but yet tonight I see this scene entirely different than how I've seen it before.

As weird as it sounds, I think watching interviews with David Lynch helped me better appreciate this scene. I can't say why.

No comments:

Post a Comment