Disclaimer: this is not an investment site. Do not make any investment, financial, job, travel, or relationship decisions or plans based on what you read here or think you may have read here.
WTI: trading above, but barely above, $58.
Threat: OPEC spokesman says the cartel will destroy the US shale industry if US votes to place sanctions on OPEC cartel. Saudi tried that in 2014: it was a trillion-dollar mistake. It would be more painful this time for everyone if OPEC opened the spigots. So much for Saudi's recent statement it would do anything to support the price of oil.
- Dow futures: up 105 points
- Tesla, pre-market: down 2%; down $6.70
- XLNX, pre-market: up another 1.32%; up about $.162
- UNP, pre-market: up another 1.10%; up about $.182
- AAPL, pre-market: up 0.47%; up about 86 cents
- RDS-B, pre-market: flat to up slightly
- CVX pre-market: flat ot down slightly
- COP, pre-market: --